Wednesday 7 March 2007

Wednesday

I'm thinking of starting a new weekly feature for this blog (the other one, hiding itself rather subtly, is a regular discussion of the header quote) called 'movies you didn't know that guy was in'. It'll be a slight homage/theft from the book Hey! It's That Guy!, which will involve me browsing around the IMDb, finding bizarre facts, and then pretending I'm intelligent for knowing them before you. What do you think?

It was interesting to read a review of The Good Shepherd which said the movie's biggest flaw was what I thought was its greatest strength: the silent main character. They said there wasn't enough action or fun to compensate for him. Another person I read said 'nothing happens', that the 'first hour isn't necessary' and that 'DeNiro shouldn't be let behind the camera again'. Am I crazy, or are they?

2 comments:

Alex Andronov said...

Well it sounds like a good idea but obviously we'll need to see it in action.

How about a weekly feature where you discuss what weekly features you might add?

Nick Ollivère said...

Yeah, I don't like the idea of weekly features for this blog, although writing about the header quote really helps me on those days when I can't think what to say. So perhaps I will just talk about possible features but never add them...

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...