Sunday 11 March 2007

Sunday

I have recently completed a secret mission which I had not told you about. This mission, which I chose to accept, was to see a film at every cinema in central London. It may not seem like a big task to you, but I did not try to force it. I went to see films I wanted to see, when I wanted to see them. This, perhaps, is why it has taken so long. But it is done. I've been to them all*. What's my favourite? And what's my worst? Who gives the best customer service? Who makes the best popcorn? Whose seats are the comfiest? Well, you'll just have to tune in later this week to find out.

I realised today that my televisual viewing is dire. I watch a lot of science fiction: Supernatural, Primeval, Ghost Whisperer. Then there's House, Prison Break, and the new Ray Liotta show Smith. Add into that CSI: Miami, Friends, Futurama, Family Guy and American Dad and you've got a pretty odd mix. But let's not forget My Name is Earl. And to think two years ago I promised myself I'd never watch TV again...

*I excluded the Odeon Bayswater from my mission. I don't think it's in central London. Also, the Rex Cinema is really a private nightclub, not a public theatre, and therefore doesn't count.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...