Tuesday 27 March 2007

Tuesday

In this week's feature where I discuss what weekly features I should add, I thought I'd bring up the idea of a poll, since there has been so much talk about them recently. A long time ago I did contemplate having one here on Stranded Cinema. What kind of poll? Well, it would be a poll for you to vote as to which film you want me to see and subsequently review. There may be a film you really want to see, but don't have the money or the time to do so. Or, there may be several films that you can't decide between seeing. Or, maybe you'd just like to hear my opinion on a movie you watched but weren't certain about. Any of these and more would be valid ideas. However, knowing my audience, I quickly assumed that you'd probably deliberately pick awful movies and make me go to see them. I found this idea very funny. Every month you could make me see a terrible film, just for fun.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I don't think a poll would really work here. It would be good to get someone else to narrow down the many films I have to see, since there are so many interesting ones out at the moment, but the practicality of the whole thing probably wouldn't work.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...