Monday 5 March 2007

Monday

There is quite an exciting feature to the IMDb that I noticed today (I'm not sure if it's new or not). I was browing the profile of Max Ophuls and thinking 'I wish there was some way I could find directors similar to him'. I then noticed under the listing of one of his films there were some 'plot keywords'. I clicked on one and it took me to a whole list of films with similar themes. For example: Cigarette Smoking. You can browse all films of this type, ranked in order. To make your search more specific, you can then combine keywords to get just the kind of film you're in the mood for: Cigarette Smoking/ Jumping from Heights/ Man on Fire. Apparently this system is called Moka (Movie Keywords Analyzer). It is fun, but it does have some flaws. They could have been a lot more adventurous with it. And I still didn't find a way to view directors similar to Ophuls. By the way, the film you're looking for is Anchorman.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...