Saturday 20 January 2007

Saturday

I noticed on Thursday night that the Metro Cinema (for a while it was called The Other Cinema) on Rupert Street has closed down. Apparently the rents for being part of the Trocadero building were just too high. I remember seeing rennovation work going on there a while ago, but I thought it was just being re-done. Apparently not. As you can see from the picture I took, it is now occupied by nightclub ticket vendors.
I remember seeing American Movie there, but perhaps that was the only time I went? I regret that now because I love small cinemas. If anyone who reads this blog wins the lottery, can we please buy this theatre and start showing good films there again? I'm guessing it's available.

I don't have an answer yet for the question I set yesterday. My first thought was Star Wars, but maybe that wouldn't work. It's quite a challenge.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...