Wednesday 24 January 2007

Wednesday

You may have noticed that a while ago I deleted the description of this blog from the header above, and that it has now been replaced by a quote from Jean-Luc Godard. Thinking about it, I believe what he says is true. If a girl were to represent a goal, as she often does, and a gun is conflict, or something obstructing the main character from getting that girl/goal, then you have summed up a lot of movies, perhaps all of them. Most stories are about people wanting things, and the problems that get in their way of achieving them. Perhaps I'm being a little obvious here, but it may be worth pointing out. I hope to have a different quote each week.

How does one get to go to press film screenings? I suppose you have to be a member of the press first. Well, anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone can find out.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...