Thursday 27 September 2007

Thursday

The other effect that seeing so many more films in the cinema this year has had is that I find I do enjoy them much more in a theatre. Since I started, many of the movies I saw have since come out on video and I've subsequently bought them - Children of Men, Black Book and Host, for example. They are still great films, but I noticed the loss of the big screen and sound. I wasn't as engrossed as I was the first time. I've become much more attuned to the differences between the cinema and the home experience and have come to value the former greatly. On the other hand, however, seeing them at home means you're not so seduced by the size and sound. At home, you're capable of seeing the film flaws easier, I think. Although, it may just be that watching a movie the second time is not as good as the first.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...