Friday 14 September 2007

Friday

I mentioned two days ago some of my favourite young actors. Of course, Ryan Reynolds isn't young (he's older than me), but I still consider him part of the younger generation. He can still, for some reason, play a high school kid. His comic timing is excellent, but he doesn't just do comedies. I think I've already mentioned his good role in the awful Smokin' Aces. Perhaps more interesting is the upcoming The Nines, where he plays multiple characters, a film written and directed by John August (writer of Go). Unfortunately that won't be with us until December. However, a film came out yesterday starring another interesting young actor: Shia LaBeouf. We haven't heard much about him over here, but I think he's generating interest in Hollywood. I first noticed him alongside Will Smith in I, Robot, and he was respectable in this year's most ridiculous blockbuster Transformers. Anyway, he's now in Disturbia (a contender for worst title of the year, I think), which Alex has recommended I see, and I'm very much looking forward to. You may also be interested to know he's landed possibly one of the biggest roles of this decade in the new Indiana Jones film. Keep your fingers crossed very tight.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...