Sunday 9 September 2007

Sunday

In a new feature for Stranded Cinema, here is my first non-review of a movie: the film was called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and I saw it last Sunday. The reason this is a 'non-review' is because by the time we watched it we were quite drunk, and I remember very little about it. I'm sure I fell asleep for certain parts of it. (In fact, I recall being fairly drunk for Spider-Man 3, so perhaps that was my first 'non-review'.) Anyway, the film stars Robert Downey Jr, I'm sure of that, and it's directed by Shane Black (responsible for Lethal Weapon, and the very good The Long Kiss Goodnight). It's about a guy who does some stuff, really. I can't quite remember. I think there was a murder, but maybe it turned out not to be a murder by the end, or the wrong person was murdered. I don't know. I remember having that feeling 'this is adapted from a book'. The main point seemed to be the very post-modern humour and ironic narrator. It was slickly told and directed. I remember in particular 'I'm the man who invented dice'. Perhaps this is Robert Downey Jr at his coolest - a role made for him. Overall, though, I really need to see this again to form any kind of judgement of it. Let me know if you think my non-reviewing method is a success or not.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...