Tuesday 11 September 2007

Tuesday

In a surprise twist, I watched the recent Music & Lyrics last night. The surprise is that whilst Drew Barrymore didn't sing for Everyone Says I Love You, she did for this film. And her voice was actually not that bad. Interesting. Anyway, this is an odd film. I remember deciding I'd never want to see it when I heard about it, but then the trailers and the reviews were actually quite positive. Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore in fact work very well together. Grant, especially, is very funny here. I think a problem is that her character is slightly too weird for a mainstream romantic comedy. And any plot-line based around half-real events (an 80s pop star and a Britney-like modern one) is always unconvincing. But don't let that stop you. Despite following predictable plot-lines, this is an original context and concept. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...