Tuesday 12 December 2006

Tuesday

Concerning my question over why they've changed the name of Clint Eastwood's new film, thanks to inside information I've received from my Gamboling friend, it turns out that Clint Eastwood has in fact made two films. This may not be new to you, but it is to me. Having seen the trailer for Flags Of Our Fathers several times and it containing no hint that another film was coming, I was going to write an article on here about how bad it looked. Now, however, I am quite interested to see it. It does look overly patriotic, but perhaps that's the point? To give the American perspective? Letters from Iwo Jima does look more interesting, but perhaps just because the Japanese psyche is so much more fascinating than the American. Nonetheless, I suppose I should do more research on how they came to be made (whether they were originally designed as one film, for instance) and then give you a report back here.

Honourable mention has to be made today of the buskers who entertained me on my train journey home. The first song they sang was 'This train is going to Sutton. Change at Balham for the Northern Line'. The second was a protest song entitled 'If you can't have a shave in a public toilet, where can you have a shave?'. I thought they were just doing it for fun, and so was slightly disappointed when they came round asking for money. However, my interest was piqued again when, after they had finished collecting, one of them started shouting and banging the walls. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but he was muttering angrily to himself and, as they stepped off the train at the next stop, he said something like 'that's really upset me that has'. Clearly a passenger gave a remark he wasn't happy with, and I'm really challenged to think of what it could have been. Anyway, apparently they have a CD. I recommend trying to catch them live if you can.

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...