Saturday 12 May 2007

Saturday

I have a few more things to say about Next. Firstly, I thought Jessica Biel was terrible. There's one scene where Julianne Moore, a federal agent, asks her to get in a car. Biel looks around the street, sighs, and then says something like 'ok'. This is the worst piece of over-acting I have ever seen. If a federal agent asks you to get into a car you do it, you don't pause and think about it. Anyway, Nicolas Cage was good at points, especially with the moments that bordered on humour, although overall he was slightly lacklustre. I think Julianne Moore did some interesting things that hinted toward her being a 'bad' character, and this made me think she might be great as a serial killer, or something. She can look pretty evil when she wants to. I'd like to see her in a role like that. So this film was interesting, but the title is terrible. What other options are there? The Second Hand, The Last Magician, Clock face/off, Dial, Two Minutes, Beforehand. I'm not very good at titles. Incidentally, I forgot to mention the scenery for this film was good - shot as a lot of it was in the Grand Canyon.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...