Tuesday 8 May 2007

Tuesday

I like Trisha. No, not that one. On the bus today there was an annoying woman talking on her phone - talking so loud that, sitting at the front, she could be heard all the way at the back (and this was an extendor* bus, by the way). She was telling her friend how to get to Lillywhites from Piccadilly station - for those of you that don't know London, this is about as hard as finding a needle in a needlestack. Anyway, the conversation continued: 'Yes, you phoned me when I was in the cinema with Trisha... I accidentally left my phone on... Trisha was annoyed... It was a very important point of the film... No, she left in a huff... I told her I was going to Piccadilly to see how to get to Lillywhites... She's the kind of person who does her own thing'. From the tone, I'm fairly sure this woman didn't just leave her phone on, she actually answered it and had a conversation. So, I like Trisha. Although I wouldn't go so far as to relinquish friends because they answered their phone in a theatre, I like Trisha for being so absolutely fundamentalist. She does her own thing. This should never really be a criticism.

*I obviously don't know what these buses are really called. In Germany, where I first saw them, we called them bendy buses because they have a flexible part in the middle. Since the design appeared here, I have decided to call it The Extendor.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...