Monday 14 May 2007

Monday

There is a new website called myfilms.com where movies are apparently recommended to you based on what mood you're in, your previous preferences and other such settings. This is a good thing. A long time ago, Alex and I came up with a very similar idea which I think we were going to call goodfilms.com. The essential difference, however, is that at our site films were also recommended to you based on how often you went to the cinema. I think this is very important. If you only see one film a month, your priorities are different to someone who sees one a week. You want the best film of that month, not that week. We were going to have individual reviews for each customer. Obviously this involves quite a bit of work (perhaps why it was never realised), but we suspected that you could break people into around 16 categories of film-going personality, sort of like the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. The problem with this, though, and all the website ideas I dream up, is that who would use it? I don't feel the need in my life for it, and so I wonder who else would. We'll have to wait and see if myfilms.com becomes a success or not.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...