Tuesday 5 June 2007

Tuesday

I forgot to mention a few weeks ago that whilst seeing Dans Paris I encountered the best ever usher. I don't like cinemas that allocate seating, unless they're very busy. Anyway, this isn't the usher's fault. Seats have been allocated, and it's their job to show you to them. Amazingly, this usher managed to show everyone to their seats. He was so quick, and so clear with his instructions. He knew where every seat was and how to get there in the shortest time. Best of all, however, was how he dealt with annoying people. Inevitably, after being shown to the seat they had chosen just five minutes earlier at the box office, some people would say 'I don't want to sit here, I want to sit there'. The usher's reply was polite and patient every time, 'You can do that, but I don't recommend it. If the person who booked that seat comes you will disrupt the movie for everyone else'. Again and again people wanted to change seats but he remained calm and unflustered, told them what to do, and quickly returned to the doors to greet the next group. One woman in front of me was particularly persistent about changing. In the end he relented, but, brilliantly, as the trailers were starting a couple came who had booked her seat and she had to move. I wonder if there is an award for 'best usher' at the Oscars? There should be, and he should win.

2 comments:

fourstar71 said...

So who is Dan and what does he think of Paris, now that she's in prison?

*flees*

Nick Ollivère said...

I'm not sure, but I think he's desperate. She got plastered.

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...