Sunday 1 April 2007

Sunday

Having mentioned My Name is Earl recently I looked it up on the IMDb to find that plans are being made for a movie adaptation, directed by none other than Steven Spielberg, who is said to be a huge fan. Unfortunately, however, he has insisted on Tom Cruise playing Earl. At the moment he has also cast Philip Seymour Hoffman as Randy, which should be interesting, Jennifer Lopez as Catalina, and Heather Locklear as Joy. No one has yet been confirmed for Darnell, but possible names are Denzel Washington and Chris Rock. The biggest rumoured problem with this production is that Tom Cruise is insisting on replacing the notion of Karma with Scientology. Some pages of a preliminary script have been leaked to the internet: 'I don't know what you mean, Joy. I was your husband and a I slept with your husband? Oh my god, aliens are landing! But I don't care. It's Chinatown, baby.'

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...