Friday 27 April 2007

Friday

What don't you know about Darren Aronofsky? By lazily summarising an article in the guardian yesterday, I'll tell you what I didn't know: it took him a very long time to make The Fountain. He had originally cast Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, until the former pulled out. The version that was released was a dramatically scaled down version of what he had planned. He is engaged to Rachel Weisz, who he put in The Fountain reluctantly, and who has a new Wong Kar-Wai film coming out called My Blueberry Nights. Warner Bros asked him to come up with some ideas for Batman Begins. I believe they rejected all of them. His next film is going to be about Noah. He hopes one day to make a teen drama.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...