Friday 13 April 2007

Friday

The film that has been on the tip of my tongue for the last few weeks, that I had seen the poster for but couldn't remember its name or its director, that I was sure you would all be interested in, is by Richard Linklater and it's called Fast Food Nation. I finally saw the trailer for it last night before Blades of Glory. If you've read the book perhaps you'll have a head-start on all this. However, I thought the book was more of a fact/documentary thing than a fiction thing, but the film, or the trailer, looked specifically fictional: characters and plot and everything. Maybe one of you can correct me on this. Also on offer last night was a new film starring Adam Sandler called Reign Over Me, in which he does a 'straight' role again, so that could be interesting. Incidentally, I thought I'd mention that in-between the Tarantino and Rodriguez films in Grindhouse you will apparently get four 'fake' trailers for upcoming movies. They roped in some extra talent to do these: Edgar Wright, Eli Roth and Rob Zombie.

1 comment:

Alex Andronov said...

Fast Food Nation was fact based. The book has lots of narrative elements to it though, so in a chapter about animal maltreament say the author would go and interview lots of people and relate their stories to the reader. I believe these true stories have been combined into a number of characters and a continuous narrative has been created from these disperate characters. Not sure how it would work exactly, but in many ways I think it might work a lot better that a lot of "normal" adaptations.

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...