Wednesday 22 August 2007

Wednesday

I can safely say you should never watch Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde. I'm not even sure why I watched it. As the film wore on, I felt myself sinking into the sofa, trying to find any excuse to turn away from the screen and avert my eyes from the terrible things happening in front of me. Somehow, however, I made it through. There was something vaguely entertaining about Legally Blonde: a dumb blonde girl goes to Harvard law school in order to win back her boyfriend, but finds out she is good at law and loves another man. It was also, strangely, adapted from a book (like Mean Girls). Some of the jokes, I think, were reasonably amusing, and there was a drive and a purpose to the plot. There was, however, absolutely no need for a sequel. The dumb blonde, now getting married to the man she loves, decides to go to Washington to create an animals rights bill. There was nothing appealing, and very little funny, about this movie. It's possibly the best, or worst, example of a terrible sequel you can find - entirely a money-making device with little or no originality. Perhaps the script-writers did work hard, and maybe some teenage girls like this, but I found it entirely sickening. Tomorrow, I'm going to watch a man film.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...