Saturday 25 August 2007

Saturday

There's a film coming out later this year called I'm Not There. Some of you may wonder if there were any intelligent people there when they came up with the idea. It's a biopic of Bob Dylan played by six different actors at various stages of his life - including Cate Blanchett playing him during his 60s high-point, and a black actor playing him as a young man. I personally think it sounds brilliant, but of course we'll have to wait and see. It's directed by the enigmatic Todd Haynes, which may or may not encourage you to see it more. I've only seen his movie Safe, and not the more popular Velvet Goldmine, or the more recent Far From Heaven. I haven't been especially propelled to, though. And as excited as I am by I'm Not There, I don't know if it's going to be able to match the brilliant Don't Look Back.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...