Tuesday 27 November 2007

Tuesday

Unfortunately, I watched How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days last night. This is a terrible film. I don't think there was a moment that I enjoyed. The characters are unlikable, and the plot farcical and implausible. Somehow it reminded me of Down With Love, although it lacked that film's irony, and self-knowing ridiculousness. The actors were entirely miscast and lacking in chemistry. Matthew McConaughey is a character actor, really, although I thought he did just about work in Failure to Launch. Kate Hudson was awful. So, there is very little else to say about this movie. It should never have been made.

In other news, how many films has Kenneth Branagh made recently? Shakespeare's As You Like It, Sleuth, and now The Magic Flute. Odd.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...