Sunday 25 November 2007

Sunday

I watched Zodiac again last night. It still remains a very good film. Unfortunately the two of us watching it were tired and slightly drunk, so we kept falling asleep. This, however, just points to type of film it is, or isn't. It's not a thrilling horror film, or exciting detective movie. It's long, and complicated. The shifts in pace are subtle and nuanced. You have to concentrate, and you'll be rewarded. It doesn't assume anything, or force anything upon the audience. The performances from Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo are excellent. I was still as interested in it as I was the first time I saw it, which much say something for it's quality. David Fincher is an interesting director (Alien 3, Se7en, The Game, Fight Club and Panic Room), I wouldn't say one of my favourites, but I have seen all his films, and make a point of seeing new ones when they come out.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...