Monday 19 November 2007

The Grilse

I’m going home. Tell her I’m going home. Tell her it was nothing she said or didn't say. Tell her I will come back, but I will not come back for her. Nothing has changed, tell her that. She remains what she always was. But I am going home. I feel the same, I am the same person, but it is only as a stranger to myself that I exist. I haven’t changed, but I’m going home in the hope that I will change. I don’t know if this is possible. Stories are always about change, and my story so far has been about me not changing. I don’t know if life can become a book. But I’m going home, and I hope to change. There’s nothing I want there, except what isn't here. Tell her that. Tell her you love her, and admit to yourself that you do.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...