Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tuesday

What was the first film I remember seeing? I've forgotten (I think this joke is from Waiting for Godot, but I can't remember). Seriously, though, I don't think I trust my memories to pick out the exact film that comes first. Like Alex, Star Wars is a very early one for me, specifically The Empire Strikes Back. I remember watching it in my cousin's house. It was always on around Christmas, but I think he had the videos as well. I remember the snow on Hoth, and Yoda in the jungle. As for an actual cinema, I distinctly remember going to the theatre in Germany (where we lived at the time) to see Jungle Book. This must have been pretty early. I don't remember much of the film itself though. Flash Gordon is also in there very early, as is Uncle Buck (I remember sneaking into the cinema to see it when I was underage). Apparently I used to hide behind the sofa during Doctor Who episodes, but I don't remember this myself, and this doesn't really count as film. I don't remember many of the specifics of the films, or my reactions to them, as others seem to. For instance, I have no memory of being shocked when Darth Vader told Luke he was his father. I feel like I've just always known that. Perhaps the force is strong with me.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...