Thursday 23 August 2007

Thursday

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting quite to schedule, nor have I been seeing many new films at the cinema. I'm attempting to rectify the first today, and the second next week. The reason for the former is that the computers I usually post from have disappeared - literally - meaning I can only do so early in the morning or when I get home at night. The reasons for the latter are monetary, as you can expect. It's not at all that there aren't many good films to go to see. Quite the opposite. At the moment, it seems, in the yearly scheme of releases that I've been monitoring, we seem to be having a flush of more intellectual, or off-beat, films underneath the regular summer blockbusters: The Hoax, The Walker, Eagle vs Shark, the comedy Knocked-Up, and today the western Seraphim Falls. I want to see all of these, plus Harry Potter and Rush Hour 3 before they disappear from theatres. So I have a lot of work to do. And as always, let me know if there's any you want me to see too.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...