Sunday 19 August 2007

Sunday

A few more thoughts on The Bourne Ultimatum. The music is great. I hadn't particularly noticed it in the first two films, but it is there. There's nothing flamboyant about it, just a slow building of tension - somehow a little reminiscent of some of the music from Aliens. John Powell is the writer, and he's had a fairly diverse career, scoring Face/Off, Antz, Shrek, Evolution, Mr & Mrs Smith and more.

Julia Stiles is good again. You see her and you think 'I know her', but she actually hasn't been in that much (not that I've seen, anyway). She's just a professional actress who you recognise and respect instantly. Hopefully she'll get some good breaks, although I've got a feeling she might be forced down the independent/alternative film route, which I guess couldn't be a bad thing.

One last word for the good bit of symmetry at the end of the movie. I noticed it at the time, but forgot to mention it until I saw the start of The Bourne Identity yesterday. It's neatly mirrored in The Bourne Ultimatum. We're back at the beginning - Bourne is reborn, again.

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...