Thursday 9 August 2007

Thursday

On Tuesday I casually mentioned Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I imagine, upon hearing this title, some of you may have thought: 'what the freak?'. It's a film starring Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Giovanni Ribisi (Phoebe's crazy brother in Friends, and now Earl's crazy friend in My Name is Earl), Michael Gambon and Laurence Olivier, and it came out in 2004. I don't remember it in the cinemas, but for some reason I bought it on video (note: video, not DVD). It's a trifle odd. I'll watch it again this week and review it properly for you.

Also, after talking about Down with Love on Tuesday I have belatedly looked up its director: Peyton Reed. His other films have been Bring It On and The Break-Up. So, it seems he's an interesting, slightly unconventional filmmaker. His next film, already in production, is going to be an adaptation of Danny Wallace's book Yes Man, starring Jim Carrey. I don't know about you, but this sounds brilliant.

And lastly, from yesterday, what was the film which sounds good but whose star I don't like? It's The Hoax, starring Richard Gere. Hopefully I'll see it next week, although Rush Hour 3 is out...

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...