Monday 5 January 2009

Monday

I'm not sure if the Bourne trilogy is great, or just good. There is something understated about it which I like. It has to be said that there are not many new developments in the second two films, they just continue the style of the first, but do so well. I'm worried that Matt Damon has apparently signed up for a fourth film. I'm not sure where they can go with it. Robert Ludlum only wrote three Bourne novels, although the second two films apparently weren't based on the books (except for the titles). Eric Van Lustbader (great name, whoever he is) has written four more Bourne novels, so there is material to work with. Surely, however, Bourne has solved all his issues now? They can always go back into his past to uncover more, or he can keep going on new assignments, eternally young like Bond, but I think that would be a bad thing. Bourne was good, and frightened the producers of Bond, because he was real and vulnerable and his character has a beginning and an end. I've set up a poll to see what you think. Should they stop, do one more, or keep going?

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...