Sunday 8 July 2007

Sunday

Die Hard 4.0 is a good action film. I don't know if it's much more than that. Of course, some of you may argue the Die Hard movies were never anything more than good action, but for me they were. The dialogue for this film was very good, the action sequences entertaining, and the performances from all the main actors engaging. It definitely raises itself above the average action movie that you see nowadays. However, it does stretch sense and probability a little too far. To get John McClane in the wrong place at the wrong time and keep him them there takes a lot of good writing. In Die Hard 4.0 it begins, and continues, weakly. Perhaps this is helped by the terrorists not attacking a limited space, as in the previous three, but the whole of America. This makes the film feel very spread out, lacking unity. The key though, of course, is the nonchalant character of McClane. I don't think they got him quite right here. He wasn't nonchalant enough. Maybe that's just me though. I did enjoy this film a lot, but I don't believe it quite makes it to the level of the other Die Hard movies. What did you think?

No comments:

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...