Thursday 18 December 2008

Thursday

The astute among you (or those not reading this through an RSS feed) would have noticed I set up a poll last week. The question was, which is your favourite Back to the Future film? You responded with a resounding 100% voting for part one. Undoubtedly this is the case, but the other two films do help to make it a great trilogy. Today, I've set up a slightly more festive poll: what is your favourite Christmas movie? Obviously I couldn't include every Christmas movie ever made, so I have just picked those that I like, with an 'other' option for those of who you are fussy. If I've missed a glaringly obvious one, the poll can easily be amended. The options are: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation; It's a Wonderful Life; Die Hard; Just Friends; Bad Santa; and Home Alone. There's a fairly substantial list of such films here. Happy Christmas.

2 comments:

Alex Andronov said...

Unless I'm being blind I see no "Other" option.

It's such a weird category this. Because some films are about Christmas clearly (Bad Santa, National Lampoon's etc) whereas some tangentially feature Christmas (Die Hard, When Harry Met Sally). These films are probably better in some ways simply because you can watch them at any time of the year and suddenly think "Oh this mentions Christmas".

Nick Ollivère said...

After saying I'd do an 'other' option I then completely forgot about it. The problem is, adding one now means wiping votes so far.

Was there any particular film you had in mind?

The Hateful Eight

Tarantino has said he'll only make ten films, and then retire. I don't know if he still stands by this statement, and if he does we ...